Dental veneers are thin, tooth-colored shells that are attached to the front surface of teeth to enhance their appearance. They’re made of porcelain or resin-composite materials that are permanently bonded to your teeth.
Veneers are used to treat a number of different cosmetic problems:
• Chipped, broken or worn teeth
• Crooked, uneven or crowded teeth
• Spaces or wide gaps between teeth
• Permanently stained or discolored teeth
• Smaller-than-average teeth
Porcelain veneers can make a dramatic difference in the way your smile looks. Some patients may only need one veneer in the case of a broken or chipped tooth. However many patients have six to eight teeth fitted with veneers in order to create an even, symmetrical smile – usually the top front eight teeth.
With dental veneers, we can change the size, shape, color, and position of your teeth within a few visits.
Benefits of veneers include:
• Look and feel like your natural teeth
• Resistant to staining/discoloring
• Long lasting and durable
• Improves your smile and your confidence